In my argument essay, I tried to convince TCU pre-business students to apply for the Neeley Fellows Program. I wrote it as a letter informing them of the benefits they would receive through this. I focused my paper on three main things: Personal, Connected, and Real which is a slogan of the program.
I decided that something that could combine images and a good amount of words would be most effective in getting my argument across. Since it is not a well known topic and program, just an image would not get across the point very well I don't think. Also, college students don't want to sit down and read something, so, what I have decided to do is make a story board (or an actual video I don't know if I will go that far) for a promotional DVD or commercial advocating this program. I will use pictures from current Neeley Fellows that I am friends with and will record a voice over that and have main words flash across the screen like personal, connected and real. And possibly some quotes. My inspiration was actually the Marine commercials.
Thinking through this whole process made me think through what would most appeal to students. As I thought about my audience and what would be most effective to them, I finally decided to do this rather than just a brochure because young people are very visual and sometimes it takes seeing an image to inspire you to do something. I also thought that by doing a DVD I could expand my audience to prospective TCU business students. Because when I was applying to TCU they sent me all sorts of DVDs that I would much rather see than read a letter about it. I am trying to appeal using pathos because I want them to see what this program can do for you and make them want to join. (just like the marine commercials!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment